Dental Laser In Whitby
You may experience a variety of oral issues that are typically treated with a manual incision. However, there are different methods of treatments that can be used to offer choice that can be used depending on your personal situation.
At Whitby Dental Centre, we use a Micro laser, called an NV Microlaser, which is intended for use during oral soft tissue surgery. These procedures performed by your dentists in Whitby, Ontario can include:
- Secular debridement of diseased fibrous tissues – Removing damaged tissue or foreign objects from a wound
- Gingivoplasty – Reshaping gum tissue around the teeth
- Lesion (Tumor) Removal – Removing unwanted tumors from oral tissue
- Fibroma Removal – Removing benign tumors composed of fibrous materials
- Tissue Retraction – Managing the length of tissues around the teeth
- Aphthous Ulcers – Removing small lesions in the mouth, sometimes known as canker sores
- Gingival Hyperplasia (Excision and Recontour) – Managing overgrown tissue around the teeth
- Crown Lengthening – Exposing more of a tooth’s surface, sometimes for a crown
- Operculectomy – Removing a flap of gum overlying the tooth
- Frenectomy – Reducing the strand of tissue connecting the lips to gums, or tongue to bottom of the mouth
- Photocoagulation – Coagulating and fusing or destroying small areas of tissue
In addition, the NV Microlaser can also be used during periodontal procedures. This can include:
- Soft Tissue Curettage – Removing parts of the soft tissue surrounding a tooth
- Laser Removal of tissues such as: diseased, infected, or necrosed soft tissue in the periodontal pocket
- Removal of highly inflamed edematous tissue affected by bacteria penetrating into the pocket lining
- Junctional Epithelium – Treating the area of tissue near the base of the gums
Please see the above photo for a visual representation of the NV Microlaser.
If you are considering undergoing the above procedures and would like more information about the NV Microlaser, please contact us today. Our clinic is located on Brock St. North, just south of Rossland and we are now accepting new patients in Whitby, Oshawa. We are also open on Saturdays to provide you with a convenient option to treat your oral health.